The Shape-Up programme was designed to help overweight adults to manage their weight.
The guidance on nutrition and physical activity was written with this population in mind.
Unfortunately, Shape-Up is therefore not suitable for:
• People aged under 18 years
• Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
• People of a normal or low body weight
People who are very overweight (with a BMI greater than 35), those with a current or past history of eating disorders or those with psychological difficulties such as depression are likely to need additional support in managing their weight.
While some of the ideas in Shape-Up might be useful to these groups of people, the programme may not be suitable on it's own and additional support may be needed.
• If you think Shape-Up may be suitable for you, we recommend that you check with your doctor before beginning the programme.
• This is especially important if you have a health condition or are taking any medication that may be affected by changes to your diet or level of activity. In most cases, Shape-Up should still be suitable.
Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidance in Shape-Up.
• For further information about the nutrition and physical activity guidance in Shape-Up, please click here